Rapid Penang is one of the leading bus operators in Penang and commenced operations on 31st July 2007. It was funded by the Ministry Of Finance Incorporated and is a subsidiary of Syarikat Rangkaian Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd (RapidKL). The launching of the Rapid Penang bus service was held in Butterworth by the former Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.
Rapid Penang aims to provide a comfortable, affordable and reliable public transport service for Penang. We currently have 350 buses operating on total 46 route services while providing shuttle services for inter corridor links on both the island and mainland. All these buses are equipped with ultra-low flooring, and are OKU-friendly.
Rapid Penang supports all initiatives for the disabled and elderly, as well as the less fortunate.
• GPS-fitted buses complement our very own RAPID Intelligent Commuters Information System (ICIS) at +604 2381313 that serves as a Control centre to provide commuters with real-time updates on bus schedules and arrival times
• Comprehensive informative and interactive online platform encompassing our website www.rapidpg.com.my along with Facebook and Twitter Applications.
• Wheelchair-friendly buses that feature true low-floor designs, a first in Malaysia, as well as fully automated ramps ond specially allotted seats
• Environmental friendlier and safe European manufactured buses that are powered by a 270hp Euro-3 emission compliant diesel engine and comes equipped with ABS, traction control, integrated retarder & disc brakes all round
• WiFi-enabled buses that earned Rapid Penang a place in the Malaysian Book of Records
• ISO 9001:2008 accredition; Rapid Penang is the first stage bus operator in Malaysia to earn this accolade
• Dedicated commuter feedback channel at firstname.lastname@example.org for effective two-way communication with all parties so we can continually strive to improve
• Exciting events and contests held from time to time to reward loyal commuters and continuously encourage bus public transport as the prefered mode of transportation.
• Rapid Academy that trains our own Bus Cadets and grooms them to become Bus Captains and Quality Human Capital
• The 5/5 philosophy to ensure good housekeeping as well as instill discipline and grooming commitment towards achieving a professional image
-Seiri – Sort/Sisih
-Seiton – Stabilise/Susun
-Shitsuke- Sustain/ sentiasa Amal
• Key Performance indicators (KPIs) that were established in February 2009 and fully implemented by July 2009 to further improve Rapid Penang ’s Measureable Delivery Results
• A Variety of Rapid Passes that cater to almost all segments of the public including:
~Students ~ physically Challenged / “OKUs”-Senior Citizens ~ Anak-anak Rapid ~Tourists.
Largest In The NCER, Quality Service At All Times
At RAPID PENANG, we embrace our position as the premier bus public transportation company in the NCER, supported by a huge fleet of over 320 buses traversing comprehensive routes throughout Penang.
At RAPID PENANG, we continuously strive to bring quality bus public transportation services to all. We take pride in upholding stringent quality control measures to ensure that our commuters’ safety & comfort are a top priority. That is why we diligently upkeep our fleet and provide thorough training programmes for all Wangsa Rapid.
Our ISO 9001:2008 accreditation is testimony to our Quality Commitment. With this certification, we have clearly spelt out our Quality Policy and Quality Objectives as follows:
Rapid Penang is extremely grateful to all our valued commuters, especially Penangites, for their unwavering support in making us what we are today. We take our responsibility to the community and the environment very seriously. In addition to our constant endeavours to uphold the quality and safety of our services, we are also extremely dedicated in our efforts towards the continuous betterment of society at large and are ever supportive of initiatives for the physically challenged, elderly and the less fortunate in particular.
Rapid Penang’s bus routes are well-organized covering all areas of Penang. There’s no place beyond our reach. Our routes feature strategic stops at most of the city landmarks, tourist attractions, commercial districts, hospitals, schools, shopping heavens, residential areas and more for the convenience of daily commuters, working people, students, tourists and the general public.